On my mind

Here lately I have had a lot on my mind, from Amelia turning one in a month and a half to celebrating three years of marriage with the man of my dreams and my best friend. I also find myself hoping and praying that I am doing the right things when it comes to parenting and raising our daughter with great morals and values. I struggle within myself on what has  lately seemed a weekly basis of whether or not I am being the wife I am not just supposed to be but called to be as well. I take care of the house, cook dinner and make sure that my husband is taken care of but in my mind I wonder if that is enough. I am not writing this to say that I have problems in my marriage because I feel that I have a strong marriage, but I feel that I want it to be even stronger. I know the things that need to happen to put that into motion and it is time to no longer just dream of it happening but to actually put it into motion. I have so many people in my life who have a marriage that I long to mirror mine after, not just by the love that they show for their spouse but for the dedication that they have to put christ right at the center no matter how hard life gets. That I feel has always been something that I have struggled with, I pray daily, but I don't stop to listen. I ask God to help me with things and to take care of my family and our dilemas, but I don't take the time to help him or take care of his family. I long to be a better person and I know that it doesn't always mean that I have to go to another country and help the lost there, I can stay in my own tiny little town and reach out to the people there. I know what my downfalls are and I consistently allow them to take control and get the best of me everytime, it is time to overcome and stand up for what I believe in and actually make mark on this world no matter how big or small it might be. I desire to leave a legacy in my family and it can only start with me. I just pray that I have the strength and courage to do what I have to do even if it means I do it alone.

No comments

Back to Top